Extend MousePadPlugin to see the screen under the mouse pointer

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 07:38:03 UTC 2014

Hi Bernhard,

This is super cool! I totally agree it would be nice to reverse the
controls as well as to add a small cursor on screen, to polish it and make
it perfect. But as a proof of concept this works quite well already!

However, I would try to change the way yo send the images, because
base64-encode every image and send that as text doesn't seem very
efficient. A better way to do it would be to establish a connection using a
socket just for that, where you could keep "streaming" the image data in
binary format. It can be a bit challenging technologically, but do you
think you could implement something like that? If you want to use it, the
"setPayload" option of the NetworkPackage class automatically establishes
the socket connection for you and you only have to write through it.

Another good optimization would be to compress the image before sending it,
so we don't send a image unnecessarily big.

Do you think you can work on improving this points? This prototype is
already awesome, but polishing a bit the rough edges it can become a killer
feature for a lot of users :)

Albert