KDE Connect and Plasma 5

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Aug 4 01:31:13 UTC 2014

Hi,
I would like to discuss a couple of things, that I think can be important
for KDE Connect.

First is when do we want to merge frameworks to master. I think that it's
important that we start to have Plasma 5 in mind and I think one of the
best ways is to start adopting Qt5 in our master branch. As you'll see,
it's already available in the frameworks branch, we just need to get it to
be master, so we can start trimming KDELibs4Support out. When do you want
to do this? It would be good if all of us could still keep up with the
development, especially Albert.

Secondly, do we want to consider splitting the repository up? At some point
we'll want to have a kdeconnect-plasma and a kdeconnect-core separately. At
least we can do the separation in-repository, it can be interesting for the
future of the project. For example, I think we should use the same
code-base as much as possible when approaching further platforms (raspberry
pi? windows? mac?).

Thoughts?
Aleix