Beep when moving between Xterms

clarjon1 info at clarjon1.com
Wed Mar 22 22:20:26 GMT 2023

I don't know exactly what would be causing this, but one step you
could look at to start would be to enable visual bell on your xterm
sessions. This would let you know which, if any, of the terminals are
generating the beep, allowing you to narrow things down a bit.

from https://tldp.org/HOWTO/Visual-Bell-8.html

xterm: xterm can convert each bell to either a visible or audible
signal. If you use the audible bell, the settings of "xset" will
apply. The bell in xterm defualts to be audible, but you can use the
"-vb" command line option and the "xterm*visualBell: true" resource to
turn it to a visible flash. You can toggle visible/audible signaling
at run-time by using the menu invoked by control--left-mouse-button.