Chrome interferes with KDE

Jerome jerome at shawbiz.ca
Mon Oct 3 00:12:58 BST 2022

On Sunday, October 2, 2022 2:27:31 P.M. MDT Martin van Es wrote:
> I have seen some weird stuff with Chrome and Plasma lately as well, but
> they come and go with reboots and/or newer versions.
> The global desktop stealing bug still happens now and then e.g.
>
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1342862
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1339788
>
> It may be important to know that I use Wayland.

I haven't seen that because I don't use it, but I've gotten used to needing to
reboot for something Chrome does to some part of KDE. Pre-Fedora 34 I'd get
about a month of uptime and Chrome would lock up everything on some trivial
action. I thought F34 would fix that, but it seems to have moved the weirdness
to somewhere else. Reboot tomorrow morning I guess... 70 days is doing pretty
well for KDE 4...