May 30th 2022, Google and IMAP

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 11:52:42 GMT 2022

On Friday March 04 2022 16:45:04 A. F. Cano wrote:

>This assumes that they let you open ports.  Obviously for your camera it
>worked, but I encountered problems.  Then I configured the cable
>modem as a bridge and all problems disappeared.

Yes, every ISP modem/router I've ever had had the possibility to open specific ports. However I'm not certain any had the possibility to be configured as a bridge, apart from opening all ports or disabling the firewall. Either way this approach is currently not feasible for me but I'll keep the possibility in mind.

R.