Fwd: Wacom Tablet feature request

Clarence Manuel cs.clarencedmanuel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 04:57:36 GMT 2021

I'm using the wacom tablet applet in the system settings of KDE.

I really like it so far, especially the ability to have multiple profiles,
which even the official software on windows from the manufacturer doesn't
have.
However I noticed that when I set a button to the express keys, and try
press let's say Button 1:

https://imgur.com/pBpqe2v

It only registers a key press once (only types one space character) if I
press and hold the key. It would be nice to have an option for a button to
be holdable(and trigger the key press multiple times) here:

https://imgur.com/ihh9jr1

I'm able to achieve this by running a script which has a series the
xsetwacom command, one example :
xsetwacom --set 'HUION Huion Tablet Pad pad' Button 1 'key +space'
 # hold to pan

However, I lose the ability to quickly change between profiles and I have
to rerun the script every time I reboot or re-plug my tablet.

I'd really appreciate it if you could implement a feature like that for
applet in the system settings.

Thank you for reading.