Disable mouse configuration?

Paul Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:17:31 BST 2021

Hi there,

I use two mice on this machine, and would like to apply a different
configuration to each one. Mostly, I can achieve this quite nicely with
Xorg config files, but KDE overrides the libinput AccelSpeed property for
each mouse with the value set in the system settings. This means that I
can't specify a different pointer speed for each mouse, and since they
operate at different DPIs, the result is a little jarring.

Until such a time as KDE can offer separate configuration for each mouse in
X11 (or I can viably switch to Wayland, where KDE supports separate configs
per mouse), I wonder if there's some way to disable mouse configuration
entirely, so that I can rely solely on xinput and Xorg config files to
configure libinput?

Many thanks for any help,
Paul