How should we present KDE Plasma desktop sessions to users?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:43:44 GMT 2020

On Monday October 26 2020 11:37:01 kkde at trixtar.org wrote:

>nouveau. Else if I could toggle noveau/nvidia
>in the control panel I'd be quite happy with
>that too. A switch like nvidia+x/nouveau+wayland?

I suppose that would have to be at the login manager level - if you can switch drivers at runtime (evidently not during a session).

But maybe one should ask what kind of user would have an NVidia board and for running what kind of software - to see if there are additional reasons why they should stay away from Wayland. I have 0 experience with Wayland (and thus with X11 under Wayland) but I have a hunch that heavy animation software (be they games or not) written for X11 might not run optimally under Wayland's X11 emulation (or whatever that layer should be called).

R.