Years later, kmail still is not a viable email client?

Marek Kochanowicz sirherrbatka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:15:52 BST 2020

Yeah, i actually have manjaro on the other machine and kmail works there fine
as well. So it seems for me that questionable packaging techniques are a
factor here but I can't tell the precise details.

As for the importance of the akonadi: it is actually a well designed piece of
software architecture that simplifies all PIM apps drastically. Removing
akonadi from PIM is not only (IMHO) pointless but also prohibitively expensive
endeavor. Instead I would try to investigate what is the actual problem with
the packaging and try to seek some kind of remedy for it.