Konqueror for mac

Draciron Smith draciron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 09:05:46 BST 2020

For SSH I've found it's easier to SSH to the Mac than from it. There are
some SSH clients and you can use the CLI to SSH out but the clients are
pretty iffy at best. Filezilla the free version works if you want to dump
everything in /public as that seems to be the only dir it'll allow you to
navigate to. There's a pro/paid version which I'm not at all interested in.
sFTP client app works after a fashion but pretty poorly. Same with gah
forgot name of it. Used to be a pretty good ssh client for the Mac but no
longer supported apparently. No longer able to sort dirs by date or name or
reliably see files or reliably know if you are overwriting a file anymore.

Turning SSH on and off is fairly simple. Got  to security settings, turn
remote connections on/off. You can ssh into the mac from any Linux app that
supports sFTP. I use Konquerer myself usually.

There are a few alternate file browser apps to Finder but I've not been
especially impressed by any. Commander One is the best I've tried so far.
It has sFTP support and works fine for uploading things to a web server.
Not so well moving files between Linux  and other Macs. I think you have to
go with pro version now to get sFTP, used to be in free version. Turns out
Krusader has a Mac version. I am about to try it out. If it does it has a
good sFTP version built in. Apparently Krusader is part of Mac ports so
that functionality is almost certainly enabled.