kdesyscoca dumps errors onto a window on a different Desktop

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Nov 6 20:05:25 GMT 2019

Why do KDE apps, like kdesyscoca, dump error messages into a Konsole window on
another desktop?

E.g., I installed Falkon from a Desktop 2 Konsole window with DNF, tried it,
had it crash on me a couple times, then uninstalled it from the same Konsole
window. I then go to Desktop 3 and see a dump of errors messages overlaid over
vi running in a Konsole window there.

What's the rationale for dumping into that window on a Desktop I'm not using?

Why isn't that dump going somewhere else like a log file or something?