System tray tooltip timeout

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 09:37:08 BST 2019

On Saturday August 03 2019 23:56:27 Ave Milia wrote:

>If qml is not overridable, I guess my best option is to edit tooltipdialog.cpp and rebuild?

Another compromise (not safe for the plasma ML ;)): use another desktop "shell". There's a drop-in replacement for those who don't want all the QML-based overhead, called Liquidshell (github:KDE/liquidshell). I haven't tried it much myself so I don't know if it gives you control over this (it might still be under plasma-framework control!) but maybe it does. After all (and if I'm not mistaken), the actual tooltip is put up by the desktop environment, so for instance by Gnome or XFCE if you're using KDE apps under those DEs.

R.