System tray tooltip timeout

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 09:32:12 BST 2019

Hi,

>If qml is not overridable, I guess my best option is to edit tooltipdialog.cpp and rebuild?

Your best option would be to introduce a parameter (and GUI) that controls the timeout. I'd say that ideally this would have to go via the Notifications KCM but you'd better ask on the plasma-devel mailing list first (I'm CC'ing, exceptionally).

I too find that the tooltips sometimes get in the way and force me to an additional excursion to my trackpad to close them manually (but then again, on other occasions I wouldn't mind for them to stay on longer...)

R.