How do you start your KDE session?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sat Apr 27 21:30:55 BST 2019

How do you start your KDE session?

I'm talking post-Login, after KDE has settled and you're looking at a fresh
session.

I don't like to boot my desktop any more than I have to since, being a
desktop, it's supposed to be on kinda like an appliance. Anything less than a
couple months' uptime is annoying if I don't have to reboot for a kernel/KDE
upgrade.

Plus, I run 3 virtual desktops that each can have multiple windows, and many
of those windows have multiple tabs.

I know KDE can save and restart Sessions, and browsers can save and re-open
tab clusters. I disabled Session restart because I accumulate a lot of open
stuff and I don't want _all_ of it to re-open, and definitely not in
conjunction with KDE starting. I've looked at manually saving a Session but
haven't tried it out because - I don't like rebooting lots.

But I'd like to be able to craft something that opens up the things I usually
open when I start, and I'm thinking out loud to this list. I'm more inclined
to a scripted solution, but other ways to collect and minimize all the
clicking you do would be interesting too.