disable akonadi

Bernd Nachtigall bnacht at web.de
Sun Sep 2 09:21:38 BST 2018

Am 31.08.2018 um 12:11 schrieb stakanov:
> In data venerdì 31 agosto 2018 07:35:48 CEST, Bernd Nachtigall ha scritto:
(...)
>> How can I disable akonadi so that there is no restart at each new login?
(...)

> Depending on the version you use, the PITA may well be mariadb with akonadi.

Hi stakanow,

I remember that I seems you have a hight knowledge about KDE :-)

Perfect! Now somebody with a expirience in KDE development could repair
the postgreSQL10 (or maybe better figure out how to use SQLite. So it is
not neccessary to run a big DB-Service) issues and configure a STABLE
and EVERYWHERE RUNABLE configuration for akonadi ;-)
After this I think a lot of users come back to Kontact and it very good
integration in the desktop.

Because I left Kontact et. al. I want to find a solution to disable
akonadi_davgroupware_resource. This brings regulay a lot of messages to
give the pwd for kWallet.

Just now I have added 'aconadictl stop' to a file in Autostart
(~/.kde/Autostart/stopakonadi.sh) but do not know if this is the
correct/recommended way.

> If you do not have opensuse Leap YMMV. I can obviously not know.
Indeed, I should have give this information ;-)

# zypper se -i -s kded
Repository-Daten werden geladen...
Installierte Pakete werden gelesen...

S | Name      | Typ   | Version    | Arch   | Repository
i | kded      | Paket | 5.32.0-1.3 | x86_64 | openSUSE-Leap-42.3-Oss
i | kded-lang | Paket | 5.32.0-1.3 | noarch | openSUSE-Leap-42.3-Oss

Bernd