systemsettings5/Regional Settings - strange choices

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 17 12:25:44 BST 2018

On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 17:58:19 BST Peter Lewis wrote:
> I run openSuse Leap and concur that the regional settings are difficult.

I think they are wrong. Why would anyone choose a country rather than Imperial or Metric.  I thik something has gone wrong.

> My main beef is that the spell checker will not use en_gb if the USA
> dictionary is loaded. I have to unload the USA dictionary before I can realise
> the GB English spelling (rather than having to realize the US).

Yes, I would have thought that if a country is selected in the Region, everything regional related should really be used its default.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20181012
Qt: 5.11.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.50.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.14.0 - kwin 5.14.0