systemsettings5/Regional Settings - strange choices

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 16 17:17:53 BST 2018

Hi

systemsettings5/Regional Setting/Languages
I checked this setting and it was blank so i added Brit English. I'm not sure when this changed to blank as i always change everything regional related when the user is created or soon after if any regional issues occur.

systemsettings5/Regional Setting/Formats
I set "Region" to UK British English (en_gb). The "Detailed Settings" was disabled. I wanted to change the "measurement units" to metric so I enabled the "Detailed Settings".
The "Measurement Units" changed from Imperial to Metric even though the entry said "no change". I then went to change the entry for "Measurement Units" and i was presented with drop the box of country options plus "no change" and "Default" - why is it not just "Metric" or "Imperial"?

The only way i can get metric is to select "no change".

The number format and time display format changed as well

Something i don't understand is that all the places to change the configuration present a list of countries as the options as described above.  Can anyone enlighten me ?

thanks

regards

Ian

ps i have logged a bug for the above

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20181012
Qt: 5.11.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.50.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.14.0 - kwin 5.14.0