KDE 5 screen size issue

Mun mjelists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 06:27:00 GMT 2018

Hi,

I recently upgraded my AWS Ubuntu system from v14.04 to v16.04.  The
upgrade also updated my KDE from version 4.x (not sure of the exact
version) to version 5.18.0 .  The problem that resulted is that the
screen geometry setting via xrandr is not being applied correctly.
I've attached a screen shot for clarity.

Notice how the bottom panel floats pretty high; and how the wallpaper
does not cover the entire screen, even though the setting is to scale.
I can make the screen size smaller but I still have problems.  For
example, I can't get the panel to "dock" to the bottom of the screen.

I tried removing the ~/.kde directory and rebooting, but that made no
difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Mun