disable akonadi

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 18:10:39 BST 2018

On Friday August 31 2018 11:41:55 Draciron Smith wrote:

>unusable. It is a resource MONSTER.  I wouldn't even consider running it
>without at least 16 gigs of ram and the way I multitask I doubt that's
>enough.

I've been using it on a 5 or 6 yo netbook with only 8Gb of RAM and using ZFS (itself a memory eater). With a bit of tuning of the fetching intervals it is slowish but perfectly usable without monopolising the machine.
That was PIM 4.13 though, to be honest. The current KMail depends on QtWebEngine which is itself a resource monster, so it has to be worse.

>I did leave Baloo running, it doesn't seem to kick off the server and all

FWIW, the akonadi baloo agent serves to integrate PIM metadata with the baloo-based desktop indexing feature which otherwise does not depend on akonadi. The indexing itself can be a hog too.

R.