Chrome/ium and KWallet

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 14:44:21 GMT 2017

Hi,

Here's something I've been annoyed by for a long time, I thought I'd check here if I'm right and maybe not alone in this:

Google Chrome has long had KWallet integration and has had a habit for a few year now to present  the KWallet unlock dialog as soon as you load a page which has something that looks like an authentification feature. I don't think it matters if you have credentials for the site, it certainly doesn't matter if you plan to log in or not - or if you've decided never to save your credentials for the site in question.

I'm not sure to what extent Chrome still stores the actual credentials in the KWallet but I think that either way it should be able to verify if the user has stored credentials for the site.

Thoughts on this, anyone?