scale under 1

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Tue Nov 21 18:09:15 GMT 2017

Hello,

I try to make my laptop screen display more than what his natural
definition allows. It's a 15.6" and only 1366x768 when it can display
readably up to 1920x1080 (I do right now).

I can do this with xrandr with

xrandr --output eDP1 --mode 1366x768  --scale-from 1920x1080 --panning
1920x1080

but I have to run this script after booting (else the panning is not
done) and I get a strange screen like this:

http://www.cjoint.com/doc/17_11/GKurUIfdOps_web-Screenshot-20171120-184124.jpg

discussion here if you want

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/528189-scale-a-screen-xrandr-scale-from-panning-and-transform

But I think I could solve the problem very easily if only I could scale
the display under 1 (0.71 should be OK)

is there a way to do so? I can edit files manually witout problem

openSUSE 42.3 upto date, plasma 5 (KDE Frameworks 5.32.0)

thanks
jdd
--
http://dodin.org