Icon size in Okular and other applications

solitone solitone at mail.com
Sun Mar 19 07:17:39 GMT 2017

Hi Duncan, and thanks for your clarification on versions:

On Sunday, 19 March 2017 01:19:45 CET Duncan wrote:
> According to my package query on gentoo:
>
> $equery list -op okular
>  * Searching for okular ...
> [-P-] [  ] kde-apps/okular-16.08.3:4/16.08
> [-P-] [  ] kde-apps/okular-16.12.3:5
> [...]
> 16.08.3 is slot 4 (subslot 16.08), interpreted as kde4 based.
> 16.12.3 is slot 5, thus kde-frameworks5 based.
>
> Similar version and slot results for kdialog, so it too was still kde4
> back in August (16.08), but is now frameworks5 based from the December
> 16.12 release.

Just a curiosity. In debian it seems I don't have any indication on slots, so
it's not immediate to know whether a package is based on kde4 or framework5.
For instance:

solitone at alan:~$ apt-cache policy okular
okular:
  Installed: 4:16.08.2-1+b1
  Candidate: 4:16.08.2-1+b1

solitone at alan:~$ apt-cache policy kde-baseapps-bin
kde-baseapps-bin:
  Installed: 4:16.08.3-1
  Candidate: 4:16.08.3-1

kde-baseapps-bin is the debian package providing kdialog.

Is there a quick and easy way to find out whether an application is based on
kde4 or framework5, apart from looking at the version details in every
application?

Thanks again,
  Davide