Options to right click and open to view some how.

Martin Bednar serafean at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 09:22:36 GMT 2017

Hi,

Le Tuesday, March 14, 2017 10:06:30 PM CET John_82 a écrit :
> If I am having problems and need to start poking about in system files that
> don't have an association I have to scroll through all of the alternatives
> to get to say kwrite.

This is the "open with" dialog I get:
http://i.imgur.com/fO9kxoE.png
Note the "Remember application association ... " At the bottom.
Also not the text bar at the top, where you can write the name of the binary directly.

> That has been driving me nuts for years at times. I had to use windows at
> work and it's easy to add things to a right click there that will always be
> present what ever is clicked on.
>
> Is there anything that I can edit to add options to a right click in kde
> 5.26 ? Associations aren't on as some have no suffix.

System settings -> Applications -> File Associations

Martin.

--
Why top posting?
Why are forums read from top to bottom?