border (or frame??) missing on Konsole

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 08:20:29 BST 2017

On Tuesday August 08 2017 16:30:26 Stephen Dowdy wrote:

>> how can I get the border enabled on Konsole?

Have you tried (in systemsettings) Workspace Appearance/Window Decorations/Configure Decoration/General/Border Size ?

In Plasma5 that would be Application Style/Window Decorations/Border Size .

>Anyway, as the KDE Window borders have always been WAY to small by default, i rarely use them, and instead you Mouse/Keyboard accelerators:

Either that, or too wide, IMHO. Fortunately KWin4 allows you to hover the mouse on/near a border, trying to find the spot where the mouse cursor changes into a resizing icon; then you can grab and drag to your heart's content. AFAIK that also works in KWin5 .

Of course you can also just use a different WM, though with KWin doing quite a bit more than just managing and decorating windows I have no idea what will be left of the desktop experience. It might be better just to use a different DE altogether; your favourite KDE applications should continue to function just fine.

R.