Fwd: Clarification required wrt KDiff3 tool

Prashant Pahurkar prashant.pahurkar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:27:27 GMT 2016

Hi,

I have certain doubts and clarification required wrt using KDiff3

tool which is as follows:

1. I want to merge 2 files and get the output in a 3rd file without any
manual intervention.

i.e. Through command prompt I would like to get the compared and merge
output in n3.txt which will have the merge product of n1.txt and n2.txt.

While merging it should auto resolve the conflict by choosing file n1.txt
everywhere.

i.e.

In Windows environment, Is there any way that I can call Kdiff3 from
command line + pass the choose_a_everywhere option in the
command line itself.

Since such option is there in the front end tool, I am sure such option
will be available through command line as well.
Please advise.

For ex: I am using a batch file and using the following command

call "C:\Program Files\kdiff3\kdiff3.exe" "C:\Users\xx\Documents\Rnd
Learning\n1.txt" "C:\Users\xx\Documents\Rnd Learning\n2.txt" -o
"C:\Users\xx\Documents\Rnd Learning\n3.txt"

This will display the kdiff3 tool page where it will ask me to select from
File A or B to resolve the conflict.

But through command prompt I would like to get the merge output in n3.txt
which will have the merge product of n1.txt and

n2.txt without any manual intervention. While merging it should auto
resolve the conflict by choosing/overriding file n1.txt everywhere.

Please let me know if this is possible and what would be the command to
achieve this?

Regards,

*Prashant Pahurkar*