Can't configure stylus buttons

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:22:17 BST 2016

Hello,

I'm running Kubuntu 14.04 (KDE backports PPA enabled) and KDE 4.14.13 on two
computers, a desktop and a notebook.

When I connect a wacom Intuos Pro tablet to the desktop, I can't configure the stylus
buttons. They both always perform left-clicks, no matter what function I assign to them
using the Input Devices applet in System Settings. Everything else works fine, including
pressure sensitivity and express buttons setup. If I stop the wacom tablet daemon, I can use
the tablet as if it was a mouse and the stylus buttons act as middle-click and right-click, but
then I lose pressure sensitivity and express buttons customization, among other things.

However, when I plug the same tablet to the notebook, everything works fine, including the
stylus buttons. I can't find a difference in software versions or configurations between the
desktop and the notebook.

Any idea on what is going on here, or on how to debug this?

Thanks,

Marcelo