Build kdm in KDE 5 environment

Christoph Pleger Christoph.Pleger at cs.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Jul 29 08:47:07 BST 2016

Hello,

>> as none of the current display managers offers all features I'd like to
>> have (but kdm does),
>
> Hear hear ... (and I don't even use all KDM's features)
> Sddm is probably the silliest looking login manager I've ever seen.

It is not only the appearance; my main reason to not use sddm are that
anyone can shutdown or reboot the computer from the greeter, though my
policykit rules define that root authentication is required, and that sddm
does not save the last used session type for every user. Probably another
display manager with almost only single-user computers in mind.

Regards
  Christoph