screen energy saving stopped

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Jul 21 01:09:08 BST 2016

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:34:17 PM Duncan wrote:
> Jerome Yuzyk posted on Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:30:07 -0600 as excerpted:
>
> > On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 03:06:53 PM Duncan wrote:
> >> Marcelo Magno T. Sales posted on Tue, 19 Jul 2016 08:22:32 -0300 as
> >> excerpted:

> >> screen
> >> still
> >> start

> >> You're better than I'm seeing here...
> >
> > Well, just as mysteriously as it started, it stopped and back to normal
> > again. I did nothing special except turn the monitor off before heading
> > off to bed, and the next day after turning it back on all was good and
> > continues to be.
>
> I hate that sort of bug.  Because since "it fixed itself" I've no way to
> know what was wrong and whether I have to worry about it happening again,
> or what to try to do if it does.
>
> But as they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  If it's working
> now...

I did not "remember completely". One thing I tried was resetting by disabling and re-enabling, and that could very well have been the solution. That would have re-written something. Part and parcel I suspect of being behind in the upgrade path, as there are other regular oddities to which I've grown accustomed.