icons of dolphin all wrong

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Thu Jan 28 23:51:26 GMT 2016

Hi all,

I have had some serious problems with plasma 5.4 since my upgrade from
15.04 to 15.10 of ubuntu.

In order to help I though an upgrade top 5.5 using the ppa packages was a
good idea ... it was not. I could not even logon (sddm showed black screen)

After a ppa-purge which went well I could again login but now my
dolphin icons are wrong.  Before I had blue icons for folders and now I
have this black and white minimal icon (which I can't find anywhere in my
filesystem ?)

Also I have lost a few icons in my panel from some application I put there
for shortcuts (one of them being firefox).

So Question

1. how can I recover my dolphin icon (I already did plenty of icon cache
removals)
2. where can I find why the panel no longer finds my icons