The current state of EGL in KDE/Plasma

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Jan 28 10:44:34 GMT 2016

On Thursday, 2016-01-28, 10:52:32, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> I'd add one (or rephrase): is eye-candy more important than supporting
> anything but the most recent hardware.

That's and othrogonal question as both mentioned access technologies provide
the same thing, which can the be used for the same things.

It is hard to find good analogies for technologies such as these, but a very
rough one would be different means to transform electrical power from a
powerline to be suitable for an eletronics device: what kind of eletronics you
power is mostly independent on how your power adapter transformed between the
source and the target voltage.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring