kwin (4.11.12) idle CPU usage

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 23:33:12 GMT 2016

On Tuesday January 26 2016 23:07:27 Kevin Krammer wrote:

>If you have compositing activated then the compositor will have to create a
>new frame when window contents change.

That still doesn't tell me why it'd have to do that for parts that it is not concerned with, but that also sounds like it'd be TMI :)

Is there a possibility to turn off compositing for Chrome windows? I only see something labelled "block compositing" but it's not clear whether that "block" is the verb or the noun there.

R.