KDE4 digital clock font color

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Nov 24 08:42:41 GMT 2015

Istvan Gabor posted on Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:15:02 +0100 as excerpted:

> I find it ridiculous that I have to test many themes or edit theme svg
> files (which is not trivial at all) only for setting the color of the
> font shown on the panel.

FWIW, I tend to (strongly!) agree with you. =:^)

Way back in late 2001 and early 2002, when I was first switching to
Linux, I chose KDE2 over Gnome1, in large part because kde had a specific
color settings dialog, while gnome forced you to pick and choose between
themes, and if you found a theme that was perfect but for one thing you
disliked... directly editing the theme was the only way to fix it, no GUI
method available to do it.

I found the gnome situation entirely ridiculous, as even MS had a dialog
that allowed you to change individual color elements!

Of course I now realize that gnome caters more to the "devs and/or
distros should just set something sane and let me get on with things
without having to screw with basic settings" crowd, while kde, in
general, caters more to the "if I can see or access it I want to be able
to tweak it" folks, and there's a place for both, particularly since were
gnome to cease to exist all those "there's only one good way and it's my
way" folks would be trying to screw up kde's "make it tweakable" general
approach.

Unfortunately, in this case it seems kde's behavior has reverted to gnome
norms. =:^(