Microphone not working after last KDE 4 upgrade

Maxime Haselbauer maxime.haselbauer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 12:11:18 GMT 2015

The last KDE 4 upgrade I made came as usual with his escort of regressions and bugs
In my case it was , among others the microphone not working

I go to
system settings
	/Multimedia
		/Audio and Video settings

I have the same config as before
i.e
Sound card:		Internes Audio
Profile:			Stereo Duplex

Sound Device: when 	Playback
						Loudspeaker   -> it works well

			 	when Recording
						Neither microphone  nor analog input manage to move the blue line
								(my microphone is a wired one enterig the analog line)

Both GStreamer and VLC backend have the same effect

If some users know how the developper managed to broke it and how I can fix it that would be an help

Best regards