grouping tasks in taskbar

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue May 12 17:13:40 BST 2015

Gunther Clasen composed on 2015-05-12 15:46 (UTC+0100):

> Yes, right-clicking on some _empty_ space on what seems to be called panel
> nowadays gives me the "Task Manager Settings", which has grouping
> options.

> Well, Kevin, if these app entries in the taskbar have grouping options,
> then I cannot see them. Rather than saying "yes, they are there", please
> post where they are. Otherwise I will have to assume that this option is
> unavailable on a full task bar (aka broken).

> I'm using kde 4.3.4 btw.

I see according to distrowatch.com CentOS 6.6 was released with 4.3.4 only
last October. That's puzzling. 4.3.4 is now more than five years old, rather
new at its release, when KDE4 was quite buggy and lacking many KDE3 features.
Likely grouping was broken or missing in 4.3.4. Try some distro with any more
recent KDE4 version, or upgrading your KDE4 to something non-ancient.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/