Tiling WM for Plasma 5.2

Alex Barry alex.barry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 23:05:32 GMT 2015

Hi,

Sorry if this post gets doubled, I think my first post is hanging out in a
moderation queue because I hadn't completely set up my mailing list account.

I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find any answers.  Over the
last year, I've grown very accustomed to i3wm, and tiling window managers
in general.  I decided to give KDE 5/Plasma a shot, and was very interested
in trying it with a tiling window manager.  The drop-down in Settings >
Applications > Window Manager for a different wm is disabled, and does not
show my i3 install, or any other tiling wm I install.  I have found some
guides for using tiling wms in KDE 4, but these configurations do not seem
to reflect anything that lives in 5.2.  What options do I have?  Are there
any special configuration files I need to create/edit to make any tiling
manager work?

Thanks for any assistance!