What happen with korundum?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Mar 3 19:08:45 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Saturday, 2015-02-28, 14:51:05, Christian wrote:

> Finally, my question is:
> - ¿Korundum is alive?

No idea, maybe not.
Bindings that don't get used by anyone are usually not maintained
indefinitiely.
On the desktop the dynamic language with best support of libraries has turned
out to be Python, others never reached the same amount of coverage.

> - ¿Can I use Korundum (and KDE libs ) on Window$ too?

Most likely.

> - ¿What happened to the official web page?
> - Korundum's QtRuby is not the same as the QtRuby gem, ¿right? (4)

Good question, unfortunately no idea either.
You could check with the binding authors.

> - ¿Do you recommend me to use Korundum's QtRuby (or Korundum itself) for
> writing a Window$ application?

I haven't used it myself so I can't recommend for or against it.
As far as I can tell from questions being asked on various Qt related forums,
the main non C++ language for developing Qt applications is Python due to the
excellent PyQt bindings maintained by River Bank Computing.

> For now, I will mark a warning at the techabse wiki explaining that links
> are dead and the project source code location.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring