Plasma-nm nor network manager applet is show now.

Thomas Savary thomas.savary at correctionpro.fr
Fri Jul 24 12:59:25 BST 2015

Kevin Krammer <krammer <at> kde.org> writes:

> On Thursday, 2015-07-09, 20:18:13, Carlos Luna wrote:
> > Hello everybody!
> >
> > I'm running Debian Etch (Testing) with KDE, with the last update I
have lost
> > the network manager icon in the system tray. I usually change
between the 2
> > cards I have. Synaptic tell me I have plasma-nm and Network-
manager.

> If you run
>
> plasma-windowed org.kde.networkmanagement
>
> do you get the applet?
> If so, you should also be able to add it to any Plasma panel.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Hello, Kevin!

Well, I seem to have the same problem as Carlos, after last Debian
Testing’s update: Networkmanager is still here, plasma-nm has been
installed, but your solution did not work — as a result, I got this error
message:

QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
(displayed twice)

And no applet showed up.

Besides, my KDE System Settings seems to be completely broken. I got
this message (in French) “Impossible pour le module de configuration du
système de trouver des affichages. Par conséquent, il n'y a rien à
configurer.” (I don’t have the original message in English, but, roughly
translate, this means “Impossible for the configuration module to find
displays. Therefore, there is nothing to configurate.”) And then System
Settings close…

I have been using Testing for years and this the first real disaster I am
experiencing with KDE. I am not sure that the progressive switch from
Plasma 4 to Plasma 5 in Debian Testing was a good idea.

I hope you can help, anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings!