interesting comment from a poster on phoronix

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Aug 21 16:35:34 BST 2015

Kevin Krammer posted on Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:00:07 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Friday, 2015-08-21, 08:50:15, Duncan wrote:
>
>> 2) I know someone that still uses kde3 for kworldclock.  I believe
>> there's a plasmoid similar to kworldwatch, the kicker applet, but
>> there's no kworldclock, the stand-alone app.
>
> One can run a Plasma applet stand-alone using plasma-windowed.

Thanks for noting that.

I know that and actually do so myself, with the calendar plasmoid, which
I can't access the usual way, from a clock plasmoid in the system tray or
on the desktop, because I don't have a clock plasmoid running.[1]

I believe I even mentioned that to the guy in a response to a thread on
the subject.  But there were a couple other kde3 apps that he used, and
without access to all of them, he can't easily switch.

But I neglected to mention it, and that's precisely the sort of
information lurkers and those arriving on the thread via a google are
likely to find very useful, so again, thanks. =:^)

---
[1] FWIW, I have a superkaramba theme that includes a clock, so I don't
need a dedicated clock plasmoid displaying the same thing.