interesting comment from a poster on phoronix

Hussam Al-Tayeb hussam at visp.net.lb
Thu Aug 20 19:27:07 BST 2015

On Thu, 2015-08-20 at 13:10 -0500, J. Leslie Turriff wrote:
> On Thursday 20 August 2015 11:44:32 John Layt wrote:
> > On 20 August 2015 at 16:15, J. Leslie Turriff <jlturriff at mail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >         Another of the many good reasons to stay on KDE3.
> >
> > Now that is just trolling :-)
> >
> 	True.  I'm still really unhappy about the KDE4 upgrade fiasco
> and the lost
> functionality that still plagues KDE beyond KDE3.

what functionality did KDE4 miss?
Things improved heavily throughout KDE4 lifecycle especially after the
switch to baloo.
I found KDE4 by 4.14.xx (with the patched akonadi) to be as perfect as
a desktop can be (It ranked up there with XPSP3). I used to have weeks
of uptime without memory increases or crashes or anything. The system
resources footprint was minimal too.