setting for printing from Konqueror

Stephen Dowdy sdowdy at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 13 16:02:50 GMT 2014

Dunno how 4.10 all works, but if you have libpaper pkg installed, the
system default papersize is stored in /etc/papersize.
You can get the value that'll be used with:

    echo ${PAPERSIZE:-$(cat ${PAPERCONF:-/etc/papersize})}

It could be other things setting this value, so you might do:

find .config/ .local/ .kde/ -xdev -type f -exec grep -i -e paper -e a4
{} +  2>&1 | less

might be CUPS, so doing:
lpoptions | tr ' ' '\n' | grep -i -e letter -e a4 -e paper -e size

would tell you if any of those strings were configured in CUPS default
options for your printer. (i don't offhand happen to know if CUPS
supports such a setting and what its name would be, but it seems
likely).  Actually, it looks like:

lpoptions -l | grep -i -e size

Since you specifically say PDF, i'm wondering if that's a CUPS thing.
You may have a CUPS "print to PDF" printer?

lpstat -a | grep -i pdf

Or this could be inside konqueror.

I know that when KDE when v 4.x the default Qt printing margins were
stuck and could not be defaulted, resulting in having to change them
every single time (guh!) but the defaults were like 0.17 or 0.35 or
something.

Good luck.
--stephen

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> I find Konqueror (4.10.5) very handy for some development work except for
> one thing eluding me:
>
> How to permanently change the default Print settings for printing to PDF?
>
> I keep getting A4 paper selected with 1in margins. Where is that saved?

Stephen Dowdy  -  Systems Administrator  -  NCAR/RAL
303.497.2869   -  sdowdy at ucar.edu        -  http://www.ral.ucar.edu/~sdowdy/