kmail search not working

O.Sinclair sinclair at orionweb.info
Sat May 31 05:20:04 BST 2014

On Friday 30 May 2014 9:57:25 PM Bernhard R. Fischer wrote:
> Since more than 10 years I working kmail now but with every release it seems
> to degrade instead of improve :(
>
> The email search does not work. I searched through Google for hours now but
> found just others having problems but no solutions.
>
> Since there seem to be no log files I cannot debug it myself.
>

> If a try to search in a local folder it says
>
> Nepomuk cannot make search. Errors found:
> All folders selected are empty or were not indexed.
>
> If go to Folder properties->maintenance it says "still not indexed". If a
> press "force reindexing" simply nothing happens.
>
> If I go to the Nepomuk Server Configuration, PIM indexer is enabled, it says
> "ready to index data (0%)"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bernhard
Good morning,
for starters, what distribution and which version of KDEPIM are you using? The
search in mail has in all honesty (at least to my experience) been erratic but
works well in the later versions

Perhaps you "only" need to force a reindexing but how to do that differs
depending on version

Kind regards
Sinclair