kmail search not working

Bernhard R. Fischer bf at abenteuerland.at
Fri May 30 20:57:25 BST 2014

Since more than 10 years I working kmail now but with every release it seems
to degrade instead of improve :(

The email search does not work. I searched through Google for hours now but
found just others having problems but no solutions.

Since there seem to be no log files I cannot debug it myself.

If a try to search in a local folder it says

Nepomuk cannot make search. Errors found:
All folders selected are empty or were not indexed.

If go to Folder properties->maintenance it says "still not indexed". If a
press "force reindexing" simply nothing happens.

If I go to the Nepomuk Server Configuration, PIM indexer is enabled, it says
"ready to index data (0%)"

Any ideas?

Bernhard