kmix looks broken

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Mon May 12 11:07:18 BST 2014

On 12/05/14 02:40, Duncan wrote:
> Meanwhile, for some time kmix has been acting up here.  I can't restore
> it /or/ get the master-volume popup from the tray icon, and when I try to
> restore, nothing appears and alt-tab, etc, go haywire.  I have to click
> in an app to activate it (even if it still shows as active, and the
> normal focus-follows-mouse... doesn't), before I can alt-tab or get the
> plasma panel to popup or focus-follows-mouse working again.
>
> But (1) I can still use the kmix tray icon for mute/unmute (which is
> generally all I use it for anyway, since I have the sound patched to my
> home 5.1 system where I control volume, etc), and...
>
> (2) If I open a konsole and killall kmix, then run kmix twice, (the first
> one going in the tray again after the killall), *THEN* I can get the kmix
> window to show.
>
> This is on kde 4 git-master updated as of a few days ago, reporting as
> 4.13.60, using the gentoo/kde overlay and 4-master ebuilds (4.9999).

I'm on Gentoo too (~amd64) with KDE 4.13.0. I also can't the kmix window
to show. Right-click and selecting "restore" just pops up the usual
non-windowed panel-thingy that you get when simply left-clicking on the
tray icon.

Running KMix though (either from the K-menu or a terminal) brings up a
normal KMix window though without me having to kill the current kmix
process first.