kmix looks broken

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon May 12 00:40:21 BST 2014

Nikos Chantziaras posted on Mon, 12 May 2014 00:46:07 +0300 as excerpted:

> I hope this isn't actually intended design, but rather some weird bug on
> my system:
>
>    http://s16.postimg.org/wj6kefgs5/kmix.jpg
>
> It's like the Daltons. Only Joe is missing.
>
> Is this fixable?

Well, some indication of what version of kde you're running, along with
distro, could be useful...

Meanwhile, for some time kmix has been acting up here.  I can't restore
it /or/ get the master-volume popup from the tray icon, and when I try to
restore, nothing appears and alt-tab, etc, go haywire.  I have to click
in an app to activate it (even if it still shows as active, and the
normal focus-follows-mouse... doesn't), before I can alt-tab or get the
plasma panel to popup or focus-follows-mouse working again.

But (1) I can still use the kmix tray icon for mute/unmute (which is
generally all I use it for anyway, since I have the sound patched to my
home 5.1 system where I control volume, etc), and...

(2) If I open a konsole and killall kmix, then run kmix twice, (the first
one going in the tray again after the killall), *THEN* I can get the kmix
window to show.

This is on kde 4 git-master updated as of a few days ago, reporting as
4.13.60, using the gentoo/kde overlay and 4-master ebuilds (4.9999).