Select IM..?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Mar 24 17:58:36 GMT 2014

Thomas Tanghus posted on Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:57:23 +0100 as excerpted:

> On Monday 24 March 2014 07:48 Kevin Krammer wrote:
>> On Sunday, 2014-03-23, 23:39:22, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
>> > In the context menu of every Line Edit or TextEditor (or whatever
>> > their respective names are now) there's a "Select IM" entry.
>>
>> Can you give an example of a field in an application and which version?
>
> Kmail 4.12.3 Composer all header fields and the textarea. I can choose
> between XIM and ibus.

I've banned anything kdepim or akonadi related from my computer, turned
off at build-time (gentoo, so it's possible), so obviously I can't check
there.

But I tried krunner, kwrite, konsole, dolphin, and plasma's kickoff
launcher... None of them had any such thing in the context menu for their
input fields.

GTK2-based apps (at least pan, which I use for my mailing lists including
this one via gmane's list2news service, and claws-mail, tho firefox
appears to be an exception), OTOH, *DO* have an input-method entry in
their context menus.  (I don't have gtk3 installed either, thus can't
check it either.)