Kontact "unable to create calendar"

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Mar 2 10:19:04 GMT 2014

huw posted on Sun, 02 Mar 2014 09:50:09 +0000 as excerpted:

> (Incidentally, I'm not seeing my own messages to this mailing list for
> some reason)

That seems to be a reasonably common problem.  Check your kde list
subscription settings (URL in the appended footer) and you'll probably
find that it's set not to mail your own messages back to you, only those
of others. I think that must be the default given the number of people
who mention the issue.

(FWIW, I read and reply to all my lists via gmane.org's list2news
service, so actually have my subscriptions set to what's commonly called
vacation mode, where I can post as a subscriber but no messages, mine or
others, are actually sent to me, since I view them with my news client as
newsgroup messages and thus don't need to actually get them by mail as
well.)