Kontact "unable to create calendar"

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Sat Mar 1 07:27:46 GMT 2014

On Friday 28 Feb 2014 08:49:37 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 2014-02-28, 00:26:35, huw wrote:
> > I've just installed SolydXK, KDE version, which is based on Debian
> > unstable. I'm using Kontact 1.13.7 and KDE 4.12.1.  I backed up my
> > previous calendar, and now I can't import it.  If I try and import it as
> > a new calendar I get "unable to create calendar ~/icalout.ics".
> >
> > If I try to merge it with an existing calendar (which as yet has nothing
> > in it) I get a different error popup which keeps popping up every time I
> > click OK, and I can do nothing but kill the whole process.
> >
> > How do I import my calendar?
>
> Hmm, what about this:
> * Settings -> Configure KOrganizer
> * General -> last tab (Calendar)
> * Add Calendar
> * Choose ICal file as type
> * Selected file location
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Thank you Kevin.  However I'm not seeing what you're seeing.  Mine is just
called "Calendar" rather than KOrganizer, and I don't have the same settings
that you do.  Certainly nothing I can use to attempt your solution.

When I open my calendar's settings, the list of categories is general, time
and date, views, colours and fonts, group scheduling, free/busy, plugins and
custom pages.

Perhaps I'm missing some package?

Regards,
Huw