All KNotes gone

O.Sinclair sinclair at orionweb.info
Sat Jul 26 05:41:12 BST 2014

On Saturday 26 July 2014 1:17:12 AM Alex Schuster wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Some while ago already, KDE killed all my knotes. I think it was when
> 4.13.0 came out, and some migrator tried to migrate the existing notes.
> Well, it failed here. Now, I really want to have them back.
>
> I'm at 4.13.3. now. I deleted all notes in the Akonadi settings, and
> created a new Notes resource, pointing to
> ~/.kde4/share/apps/knotes/notes.ics, which I verified to have all my
> former notes in it. Nothing happens (I also restarted knotes), knotes
> shows no notes at all.

I shortened your mail a bit as I don't think our sql problems are related to
the lost notes problem.

I also lost my notes on upgrade to 4.13, in other words when Baloo replaced
Nepomuk.

I did manage to "find" them again and hopefully this thread on kdeforums can
give you some pointers:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=120712

kind regards
Sinclair