virtuoso-t constantly segfaulting

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jan 31 13:59:12 GMT 2014

On Friday 31 January 2014 08:46:17 Kevin Krammer did opine:

> On Friday, 2014-01-31, 01:05:48, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't get what you mean. If you start akonadi or an akonadi
> > > reliant client from Konsole it prints out debug msgs. But that's
> > > not how you're supposed to start it unless you want debug msgs to
> > > be printed.
> >
> > I used "akonadictl restart" from a Konsole.
> > I must have 100k lines of:
> > [akonadiserver] Could not contact query service.
> > in that Konsoles backtrace by now.
>
> Qt4 doesn't have any logging system so all log output goes to stderr,
> which is what you are seeing here.

Which explains why I am seeing them, but not why its fussing in the first
place?

Seems to me there ought to be a reason that I now have several 100k lines
of:

[akonadiserver] Could not contact query service.
[akonadiserver] QStringList Akonadi::NepomukSearch::search(const QString&)
Calling blockingQuery() failed!

on that konsole session.

FWIW, none of nepomuk, soprano or virtuoso-t are running as they usually
seqfault and die after using 100% of a core for 2 or 3 hours after the
reboot.  The email corpus here is about 12Gb.  By the time those 3 get done
with it or crash & burn, its north of 30Gb used according to a du -h.
There is a name for that, and we put it on grain fields.  Probably because
the install is 32 bit.

> Cheers,
> Kevin

Thanks Kevin

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.