System Sounds gone since 4.11.4

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 23:02:11 GMT 2014

On 2014-01-13 14:13 (GMT-0800) Jerome Yuzyk composed:

> Since KDE 4.11.4 (and now .5) I have lost my System Sounds. Audio works
> fine in all other ways (videos, streaming music). All sounds that were
> enabled before are still enabled.

Are you *sure*?

>  Any ideas what to look at?

Are you referring to startup and shutdown sounds? The devs in their infinite
wisdom have decided they should be off by default. This change has caused
those of huge numbers of users to change to the new default, which because
they had not been previously changed from default are considered
personalizations never made, thus not necessary to be preserved when the
default changed.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/